Language courses in Spain and the Student visa

Are you dreaming of moving to Spain nut you can’t speak Spanish?

This is one of the main points that you need to attend to even before moving. You can start doing it while in your country. But there is a second and more attractive option – to study in Spain. Thus, you will solve several problems at the same time: learning the language, immersing yourself in the culture and local mentality and understanding how close the country is to you for a permanent place of residence.

So what types of student visas are available to international students?

1. Study up to 90 days (Type C)
For training, it is enough to apply for a Schengen visa, which allows you to stay in the country for up to 90 days. As a rule, it is suitable for those who want to combine business with pleasure and enjoy relaxation and immerse themselves in the language a little.
But currently, this option is available to the elite, since the borders are not open to all countries.

2. Study up to 180 days (Type D)
The difference from the first option is that the applicant must apply for a national visa at the Consulate of Spain or the Kingdom itself, if it is possible to enter the territory in the current reality.
But when choosing this training and filing in your country, there is a high probability of being rejected. Therefore, we recommend paying attention to the 3rd option.

3. Study from 180 days to a year (Type D)
This is the most recommended type of study residence for moving to Spain. In addition to allowing you to immerse yourself in the language throughout the year in your native environment, you can renew your residence permit without leaving the country.

But there are several nuances:
– When applying through the Consulate, you may encounter an age limit. So, there is a risk of refusal when applying for language courses for people from 27 years of age and older. In this case, we recommend doing this on the territory of the Kingdom.
– Extension of a student visa is only possible with an upgrade. For example, if you initially applied for a residence permit with a zero level of Spanish, then you can apply to level B1 and above, etc. If the level was initially high (C1 or 2), then you cannot apply for a decrease, but you can, for example, enroll in a master’s program or profile courses you are interested in.

If you have made up your mind and decided to apply for a long-term student visa on your own, it is important to consider the fact that not every language school will go. It must meet the following criteria:
– Accredited by the Cervantes Institute
– The intensity of the program is not less than 20 hours a week (4 hours a day)
– The term of study is at least six months, and preferably up to a year
– At the time of submission of documents, the course must be paid in full

Tuition fees vary depending on factors such as region, number of hours and program duration. So, you can find courses from 3,000 to 10,000 euros.

In order not to waste your time looking for a suitable language program and not run into a refusal, we recommend that you contact the professionals.

We work with all Cervantes accredited schools in Spain. Our experts will help you find the most suitable one for your request free of charge. And also many schools for our clients make a special price, which can significantly affect your budget.

If necessary, we will help you collect the correct package of documents, which is very important at the present time, and get Favorable for entering the country.

Contact us now to get started.

PSC verified information only

Ask question